To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- To remember users' actions, to identify the user, for online behavioural advertising)
- They are essential for you getting the best user experience and recommending you the best products. By opting-in it also means that we can exclude you from over-marketing products to you after the point of purchase.
- We use Facebook's Pixel and Google Analytics.
- Cookies will not be used for any purpose other than the one stated
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Good Soldier Unit 16 Tileyard Studios, London, LND, N7 9AH, United Kingdom
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 7 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Two types of information are collected in connection with the Properties: Personal Information and Other Information.“ Personal Information” is information that identifies you or makes you identifiable as an individual. “ Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy. Other Information is addressed separately below, under the heading “ OTHER INFORMATION”.
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Shopping Cart Content
Through the Properties
- We may collect Personal Information through the Properties, for example, when you register for newsletters or other communications through the Properties, make a purchase or make a request.
- We may collect Personal Information from you offline, e.g., if you provide information to us at a concert venue.
From Other Sources
- We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- publicly available databases; or
- marketing partners when they share information with us in the context of marketing and promotional campaigns related to our business.
- If you use your social media or other third party account to enter our sweepstakes, contest, or promotions or via an initiation to sign into such account on our Properties, you will share certain Personal Information from your third party account with us which may include, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, listening history, favorite tracks and any other information that you make or which is otherwise accessible to us when you connect through such third party account.
- We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
Providing the functionality of the Properties and fulfilling your requests.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- To provide the Properties' functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request information about our Properties.
- To send to you administrative information, including information regarding the Properties and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To allow you to send messages (for example, music clips or artist information) to a friend through the Properties. By using such functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend's name and email address.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
We will engage in this activity with your consent.
- To send you marketing communications, that we believe may be of interest to you if you have indicated that you would like to receive them (including, without limitation, by our third-party service providers that send direct mail, email, and other types of advertising)
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
Analysis of Personal Information for business reporting and providing personalized services.
We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- To analyze or predict our users' preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Properties.
- To personalize your experience on the Properties using your IP address, by presenting content, products, and offers tailored to you.
Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Properties;
- Audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Properties are of most interest to users;
- For determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Properties are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users' interests.
SECTION 10 - COOKIES
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or your device: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version and the type and version of a Property that you are using. We and our service providers may also collect a unique device identifier assigned by us or our service providers to the device from which you are accessing a Property and other transactional information for the device that we and our service providers may use to serve content and advertisements to the device.
- Through your use of Mobile Apps: When you download and use a Mobile App, we and our service providers may track and collect Mobile App usage data, such as the date and time the Mobile App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the Mobile App based on your device number.
- Through server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device from which you are accessing a Property by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Property, along with the time of the visit and the activity on the Property. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Property usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Properties and determining your approximate geographic location.
- If your device stores Flash LSOs, and if you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device through which you access the Properties, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Properties or our content. We expect our service providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
- Our Properties do not respond to browser-based do-not-track signals.
- Geographic location information: : If you use any location-enabled products or services, you may be sending us location information. When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your precise geographical location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We and our third party service providers and partners may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services, content and advertisements. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: We may collect demographic information, such as your zip code or gender, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, when you voluntarily provide this information to us. This information does not necessarily personally identify you or any other user of the Properties, unless further information is added to it that would allow identification to take place. In such case, the information will be treated as Personal Information.
- Information about how you interact on the Properties: We may collect information about how you interact on the Properties. For example, some Properties may utilize analytic tools to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the Properties. This collected information may let us know which services and features you are using the most within a Property, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download, etc.
- By aggregating information: We may aggregate Personal Information so that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Properties, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who like a particular artist.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at Good Soldier
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
[Unit 16 Tileyard Studios, London, LND, N7 9AH, United Kingdom]